The Umpqua Lions 1st WEDNESDAY and the 3rd TUESDAY of the month at Kowloon’s Restaurant. The “Social Hour” begins at approximately 6:00 pm and the general meeting begins at 6:30 followed by a board meeting as needed. Dinner is ordered off the menu.
Annual Dues: $75 per person.
The Cross on Mt Nebo
Lions Den - Legion Field
The Umpqua Lions has four annual $500 scholarships.
- The Tom Hobbs Scholarship is specific to a Roseburg High School senior.
- The Jim and Sharon Gregory Memorial Scholarship to any college or university.
- The Umpqua Lions Scholarship to any college or university.
- The Fir Grove Elementary Graduate Scholarship.
What We Do
Community Service Activities
- Eye exams and eye glasses for the less fortunate
- Hearing exams and aids for the less fortunate
- Collecting/Recycling used eye glasses/hearing aids
- $2,000 in local scholarships
- Flags for First Graders
- Christmas Clothing/Gifts for less fortunate children
- Christmas food delivery for low income families
Help Support Community and State Activities:
- Oregon Lions Mobile Health Screening Unit
- Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Lions Club International Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- Joseph Lane Middle School Robotics team
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Personal Donations for Christmas Activities
- Looking for suggestions for additional fundraisers now that the Lions Den at Legion Field is no longer ours.