Donations of used glasses and hearing aids can be dropped off at
Cascade Community Credit Union on Harvard Avenue in Roseburg – Thank you !!
The Umpqua Lions 1st WEDNESDAY and the 3rd TUESDAY of the month at Kowloon’s Restaurant. The “Social Hour” begins at approximately 6:00 pm and the general meeting begins at 6:30 followed by a board meeting as needed. Dinner is ordered off the menu.
The 2nd meeting of the month also includes a guest speaker. If you would like to be a guest speaker, please contact Greg Johnson 541-430-4734.
Come join us at a meeting and check us out, be sure to download the Membership Application. International Lion Membership is open to those of legal majority and good reputation and is by invitation. We have a lot of fun.
Annual Dues: $75 per person.
The Cross on Mt Nebo
is up and shining brightly – BIG THANK YOU to Pacific Power and Umpqua Lions! The issues have been repaired and upgraded !!!
Lions Den – Legion Field
It is with a sad heart – we have close the Lions Den at Legion Field. After over 60 years of “manning” the Lions Den, Umpqua Lions has decided to close. We will miss you all. We are looking for other fundraisers to do in addition to our Annual Golf Tourney that we will continue to host so we will still be able to help the needy in our community with glasses, hearing aids and scholarships. We are always looking for new members that want to help give back to this wonderful community we call “home in Douglas County”.
The Umpqua Lions has four annual $500 scholarships.
- The Tom Hobbs Scholarship is specific to a Roseburg High School senior.
- The Jim and Sharon Gregory Memorial Scholarship to any college or university.
- The Umpqua Lions Scholarship to any college or university.
- The Fir Grove Elementary Graduate Scholarship.
Applications for 2022 will be posted after the first of the year. Please check back!
Community Service Activities
- Eye exams and eye glasses for the less fortunate
- Hearing exams and aids for the less fortunate
- Collecting/Recycling used eye glasses/hearing aids
- $2,000 in local scholarships
- Flags for First Graders
- Christmas Clothing/Gifts for less fortunate children
- Christmas food delivery for low income families
Help Support Community and State Activities:
- Oregon Lions Mobile Health Screening Unit
- Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Lions Club International Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- Joseph Lane Middle School Robotics team
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Personal Donations for Christmas Activities
- Looking for suggestions for additional fundraisers now that the Lions Den at Legion Field is no longer ours.